Rooted Froyo on Nexus One
Yep, I already have Froyo (Android 2.2) running on my Nexus One. It is very easy to do even if you want to run a rooted non-stock version.
- Back the phone up. The upgrade process will wipe the entire phone. I use and recommend Titanium Backup. Run a full backup, everything important will be loaded onto your SD Card.
- If you have not installed Cyanogen or some similar mod in the past, make sure you have the recovery loader installed. You must also unlock the phone and root it if you have not before. How-To
- Acquire the Froyo firmware and the Froyo Rooter.
- Put both zip files in the root of your SD card. To do this, you can mount the phone as a USB storage device.
- Access the recovery loader by powering off the phone, and then powering on while holding the volume down button.
- Go to the wipe section and use the "Wipe data/factory reset" option.
- Install from zip first the main firmware and then the rooter.
- Reboot and you are now running rooted Froyo!